Gathering old clothes, picking-up can goods in the kitchen cabinets, looking for excess bills or coins. Making self ready in another challenging act of kindness – another relief operation after a disastrous flood, this time, caused by a monsoon rain.
Philippines is crying again for help.
Philippines needs you
This isn’t new anymore in the Philippines. Every year hundreds and thousands of Filipinos are left homeless in just a snap of the fingers; every year hundreds and thousands of lives are being added to the country’s annual death toll; every year hundreds and thousands of infrastructures and livelihoods are wasted due to the unruly natural disasters — every year hundreds and thousands of Filipinos are in need of the world’s mercy, every year.
This time at least 16 people have been killed in floods caused by monsoon rains that have left an estimated 80% of the Philippine capital, Manila ,under water.
The Philippine capital has been covered by water for the past 4 days
More than 800,000 people have sought help from rescue workers, according to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).
Nearly 250,000 of them have been forced to shelter in schools, gymnasiums and other buildings that have been turned into evacuation centers, while others were staying with relatives and friends.
The worst hit parts of Manila were mostly the poorest districts, where millions of slum dwellers have built homes along riverbanks, the swampy surrounds of a huge lake, canals and other areas susceptible to flooding.
In the worst reported incident, nine people from the same family died on Tuesday in a landslide on a mountainous area near the city’s main reservoir where some of the poorest city dwellers live.
These have always been the scenario whenever the country encounters such disaster – high death tolls, homeless people, damaged infrastructure and livelihood. We should do something.
However, at this point in time, let’s show a little act of kindness by helping these people even in the most simple way.
Listed are the following institutions and organizations who are now accepting any forms of donation.
- DSWD welcomes volunteers to repack relief goods at the National Resource Op Center (NROC), Chapel road, Pasay, in between NAIA 1 and 2, near ATO. Pls. call Ms. Fabian, Head of NROC 852-8081. (via @dinkysunflower and @dswdserve)
Payatas Quezon City
- Drop-off point at The Central Barangay Hall of Payatas
- Group 3 Area B, Bulacan Street. Contact 0918-2208205 | 02-4271362.
GMA Network Operation Bayanihan Relief Operations
- Para sa mga nais magbigay ng material na donasyon gaya ng ready to eat food, bigas, pagkaing de-lata, bottled water, damit, banig, kumot, gamut, maaari itong dalhin sa tanggapan ng GMA Kapuso Foundation, 2nd Floor, Kapuso Center, GMA Network Drive cor. Samar St., Diliman, Quezon City; o kaya ay tumawag sa mga telepono bilang 9284299 at 9289351.
- Para sa cash donation, maaari rin po kayong mag-deposito sa numang branch ng Metrobank, UCPB at Cebuana Lhuillier. Wala pong service fee na ibabawas sa inyong donasyon patungo sa GMA Kapuso Foundation.
Account Name: GMA Kapuso Foundation, Inc.
Account Number: 3-098-51034-7
Account Name:GMA Kapuso Foundation, Inc.
Code: MBTC PH MM
- UNITED COCONUT PLANTERS BANK (UCPB)
Account Name: GMA Kapuso Foundation, Inc.
Account Number:115-184777-2 or 160-111277-7
Account Name: GMA Kapuso Foundation, Inc.
Account Number: 01-115-301177-9 or 01-160-300427-6
ABS-CBN Foundation: Sagip Kapamilya
- ABS-CBN Foundation Inc. Building
Mother Ignacia Ave., corner Eugenio Lopez St., Quezon City
Trunkline: +632-415-2272 loc 3765
Direct line: +632-411-4995
Fax No: +632-411-4995
Warehouse: #137 Mother Ignacia Ave., Quezon City
Alagang Kapatid Foundation: TV5
- Donations accepted at 730 Quirino Hiway,San Bartolome,Novaliches,QC
Alagang Kapatid Foundation, Inc.
BDO Savings Account No. 005310-410164
Bank of the Philippine Islands Savings Account No. 1443-05333-2
- Solar TV is accepting donations for flood victims. Pls bring your donations to Solar Television Network Inc, Upper Ground Level, Worldwide Corporate Center, Shaw Blvd, Mandaluyong.
Ateneo de Manila University
- Medicines (Paracetamol, Betadines, etc.)
- Clothes (Sorted according to age and gender—Adult Female, Adult Male, Female Teens, Male Teens, Kids sizes Male and Female, as well as toddlers)
- Drop your donations: Ateneo DReaM Team, Cervini Hall, University Residence Halls, Ateneo de Manila University. Today, we are seeking monetary donations to cover expenses for the provision of emergency hot meals, transportation of supplies and other as of yet unforeseen needs.
- Telephone number: 697-7168.
- Want to volunteer? Packing of relief goods tomorrow at the College Covered Courts starting at 1 pm. Donations will still be accepted at Cervini Lobby tonight. By 1 pm August 8, all donations will be directed to the College Covered Courts.
Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health
- The Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health will be accepting donations on August 8, from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Address: Don Eugenio Lopez, Sr. Medical Complex, Ortigas Center, Pasig (beside The Medical City)
- For details, contact Joan Chavez – 0917-323-9356 or Alfonso Regala – 0916-746-5746
Ateneo de Manila Law School
- Relief-ops now accepting donations: clothes, medicine, bottled water, food items, canned goods and noodles
- Drop off points: Outside Law School Activity Center (LSAC), 3rd Floor APS Building
- Collected relief goods will be sent to Simbahang Lingkod Bayan in Loyola
St. Scholastica’s College
- Any donations accepted: Telephone number: 567-7686 to 89
La Salle Greenhills
- Address: 343 Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City
- Kindly drop your donations at Gate 2 along Ortigas Avenue
- Volunteers and Cash Donations: Look for Marlo Castillo of the Lasallian Mission Office
De La Salle Zobel
- Address: University Avenue, Ayala Alabang Village, Muntinlupa City
- Kindly drop your donations at Gate 7
- Inquiries: Please contact Mr. Jayjay Jacinto of the Social Action Office at 09178597602
De La Salle University-Dasmariñas
- Address: Dasmariñas City, Cavite
- Kindly send your donations to LCDC, 2nd Floor, SBC Building. For inquiries: Contact Miss Rhayo Mazo Lasallian Community Development Center at 09165900621
- You may also bring your donations to the DLSUMC Bldg 1 & 3 Lobby
De La Salle University, De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde
- Address: Taft Avenue, Manila
- WHAT TO DONATE: Ready to eat food (does not require cooking, and preferably in easy to open cans or pouches), Bottled Water, Usable Clothes, Rice, Canned Goods, Noodles, Blankets, Mats,
- Each family is in need of the following:
- FOOD ITEMS: 10 kilos of rice, 6 canned goods, Dried fish, Mungo beans, 1 kilo sugar, Cooking or vegetable Oil, Coffee, Milk, Bottled water, Vegetable Noodles,
- NON-FOOD ITEMS: Old and new clothes (pants, t-shirts, shorts, underwear), Plastic sheets, Sleeping mats, Blankets, Kitchen utensils, Medicines, Water containers, Laundry soaps, Sanitary napkins (for women/ladies), Tissue, Construction materials for housing repairs, Fishing nets (for fisher folks), Seeds (for farmers),
- Donations may be sent through CENTER FOR SOCIAL CONCERN AND ACTION (COSCA) of DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA. You may call telephone number 523-41-43 look for Miss Lilia Barrona or Miss Jennifer Santos. You may also visit our office at COSCA Office, 4th floor, SPS Building, De La Salle University, Manila. For inquiries kindly text or call our Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRRM) Program Coordinator Miss Maria Isabel Lanada at 0920-206-04-97
- Donations in kind are welcome at Taft Greenway Square starting 8am, August 12. Call CSA at telephone numebr 526-7441 local 258/266.
University of the Philippines-Diliman
- University Student Council:
Donations for relief goods can be brought or sent to the USC Office, Vinzons Hall, UP Diliman.
VOLUNTEERS will also be needed for packing and distribution.
For inquiries, kindly contact 0927-757-1005 or 0906-570-1029.
- Office of the Student Regent:
Accepting canned goods, clothes, beddings, toiletries, medicines and cash donations. You may bring your donations at the Office of the Student Regent, Vinzons Hall Basement, UP Diliman.
Contact Benedict Opinion at 09175275879 for more information.
- College of Mass Communications Student Council:
Accepting relief goods and donations for collection and transfer to UP-wide operations. Drop them off at the UP CMC Plaridel Hall Lobby. Contact CMCSC Chair Mario Urrutia (0906-503-4660) for more information.
- UP College of Social Work and Community Development:
The UP CSWCD Student Council is now accepting relief goods, such as clothes, food, medicine, ‘banig’, toiletries and drinking water, to be donated to the people who are greatly affected by the weather. We also have the CSWCD organizations to cooperate and be partners in this endeavor. For Inquiries, kindly contact 0915-182-8664 (Rex, CSWCD-SC), 0917-885-3128 (Karen, JSWAP), and 0916-246-2524 (Luis, CD Circle).
Bring relief goods, and help pack them for distribution.
- Enderun Colleges to accept donations at1100 Campus Ave. McKinley Hill,Taguig 856-5000 loc 550.
- Enderun College will also be cooking meals for 4,000 people, for distribution tomorrow August 8. Donate canned goods, rice, food containers, water bottles.
San Beda College-Alabang
- Drop-off point: St. Maur Lobby (near the Guard’s Station).
- For inquiries, you may contact CARLOS ROMULO (SC HOTLINE) at 0915-316-9985. Volunteers to help relief efforts are also very much welcome. Please get in touch with KIT GOMEZ at 0915-787-0743.
- FOOD ITEMS: Rice, Canned goods, Dried fish, Mung beans, Vegetable oil, Milk, Coffee, Bottled water, Ready-to-eat food
- NON-FOOD ITEMS: New and/or old clothes, Plastic sheets, Sleeping mats, Blankets, Utensils, Medicine, Sanitary napkins, Laundry soaps, Tissue, Water containers
Colegio San Agustin-Makati
- Colegio San Agustin-Makati will be accepting donations starting August 8. Donations and manpower are welcome around 8:30 am at the HS Building Lobby. Kindly look for Ms. Raquel Reyes.
- For updates, visit official Colegio San Agustin-Makati Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/CSAMAAOfficialAccount
Adamson University (Student Government)
- Please go to St Quandrangle or Marian Center, both within the Adamson University, San Marcelino, Emita, Manila from 9AM onwards
- Donation drive and repacking for the whole day. Volunteers are welcomed, gates are open for all.
- Priority goods: medicine, water, ready to eat foods
- Donating to Navotas, Marilao and other areas
University of Santo Tomas
- UST disaster relief drive now open. Needed: drinking water, instant noodles, canned goods, rice, clothes, footwear, pillows, blankets, sleeping mats, toiletries, and medicine. Drop-off points are the CSC office, Tan Yan Kee Student Center Lobby, or the Local Student Council Office. You may contact Agree Gonzales: 0917-846-0671.
Immaculate Concepcion Academy Greenhills
- Address: 10 Grant Street, San Juan
- List of things badly needed: Canned goods, rice, viand, safe drinking water, coffee sachets, powdered milk, clothes, slippers, blankets, toiletries, first aid, medicine.
St. Pedro Poveda College
- Address: EDSA cor. Poveda Street (beside Robinson’s Galleria)
- Receives relief goods 24 hours at the gate
- Address: Katipunan Avenue
- Accepts relief goods and cash donations. Bring donations to College Lower Lanai starting August 8, 9 am to 6 pm. Contact Val Villanueva: 433-7909 or 0920-293-8698
School of the Holy Spirit of Quezon City
- Drop off donations at SHSQC. Address: F. Sotto, BF Homes, Holy Spirit, Quezon City. Telephone number: 931-4047, 931-3645
Pamantasang Lungsod ng Muntinlupa
- Political Science Department Office
- Kindly send / bring food, water, blankets, and other necessities. Contact Hazel Perez – 0915-584-2102.
University of the East
- Address: Sampaloc, Manila
- Student Council Office
- Kindly send / bring food, water, blankets, and other necessities. Contact: Christian Gultia – 0927-682-5509.
Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- Address: A. Mabini Campus Anonas St., Sta. Mesa
- PUP COC Student Council Office
- Kindly send/bring food, water, blankets, and other necessities. Contact Cedric Martinez – 0906-291-2716.
Philippine Normal University
- Address: Taft Avenue Corner Ayala Boulevard
- Student Government Office.
- Send or bring food, water, blankets, and other necessities. Contact R. Angcos – 0926-557-5400.
Reedley International School
- Address: JOSOL Building, E. Rodriguez, C5 Libis, Q.C.
- Accepting donations, August 8, 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Kindly bring ready-to-eat foods, bottled water, clothes, blankets, medicines
- You may leave your donations at the school lobby or contact Ms. Cathy Alcantara at 0917-507-9306
Claret School of Quezon City
- Donations accepted at Bulwagang Claret inside the Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Mahinhin St. UP Village, Diliman, Quezon City
- Victory Center, L4, West Wing, Robinson’s Galleria
- Telephone number: 631-1212
- We take calls till 8:30 PM. We need water, food, clothing, blankets and other relief goods. You may deliver them to our center. We need volunteers to help pack relief goods and deliver them. You can help out today, August 7 until 8:30 PM and starting 10 AM, August 8.
Victory (Fort Bonifacio)
- Every Nation Building, University Parkway corner 32nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Telephone number: 817-1212
- Donations to be accepted starting August 8, Wednesday
- For more info: http://victory.org.ph/article/join-us-in-our-relief-efforts/,
- Follow @paolopun and @victoryfort on Twitter for updates.
Christ’s Commission Fellowship (Ortigas)
- 6th Floor, St. Francis Square Julia Vargas Avenue corner Bank Drive, Ortigas Center Mandaluyong City. Telephone number: 635-3410
- Donation of clothes, blankets, canned goods, noodles, rice, drinking water needed
Mt. Carmel Parish
- Drop off your donations at Doña Juana Rodriguez Ave., (formerly Broadway Avenue) corner 4th/5th Street, New Manila
- Telephone number: 724-5938
Destiny Church – Manila
- For everyone who needs temporary shelter, our Destiny Center is open for evacuees. Proceed to 178 Maginhawa St., Sikatuna Village, Quezon City.
Jesus Is Lord Church Worldwide
- You can bring your donations for the flood victims in cash or in kind at this address:
Musikatha Office, 5/F Strata 2000 Bldg., F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig 1605
Telephone number: 637-5410
Our Lady of Pentecost Parish
- Our Lady of Pentecost Parish in Katipunan, Quezon City accepts evacuees. They also need mats, blankets, and bottled water.
Sto. Domingo Church
- Those living in the vicinity of Sto. Domingo Church in Quezon City are being asked to help provide food and drinks to 400-500 evacuees staying in the Church. Food, water, dry clothes needed.
Our Lady of Beautiful Love Parish
- Merville, Parañaque residents may donate clothes, blankets, toiletries, rice, grains, canned goods, noodles, and the like starting Wednesday (August from 10 am – 5 pm. Collection point is at OLBL Parish, San Lorenzo Ruiz Hall.
Sanctuario de San Antonio Parish
- Santuario de San Antonio Parish now accepting relief goods at parish center rooms 1-4. Volunteers are also welcome. You may call or text 0920-508-5396 if you need someone to pick up relief goods. This is part of the San Antonio Parish Church relief efforts. You may also drop off your donations yourself.
Christ’s Commission Fellowship
- Address: G/F Prime Street, Madrigal Business Park, Alabang
- Accepts relief goods: Canned goods, Off lotion, blankets, medicine
St. James the Great Children of the Poor Apostolate (COPA)
- Address: Cuenca Street, Ayala Alabang Village
- Accepting canned goods, bottled water, rice, noodles, and cash
Non-Government Organizations (NGOs)
- Text RED<space>AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4143 (Smart)
- Text DONATE<space>AMOUNT<space>4-digit M-PIN<space>REDCROSS to 2882
- You can donate the following denominations:
- Globe: 5, 25, 100, 300, 500 or 1000
- Smart: 10, 25, 50, 100, 300, 500 or 1000
The PRC welcomes donations in cash for flood-affected families. You may send or deposit your donations to the following:
|Banco De Oro
|Philippine National Bank
3752 8350 0034
3752 8350 0042
|Unionbank of the Philippines
1015 4000 0201
1315 4000 0090
|Bank of the Philippine Islands
GK Command Center for relief operations for North NCR is at HRD Training Center, Department of Agrarian Reform Compound, Quezon City (take Gate 1). We are ready to accept relief goods. We are now in the process repacking. The budget per relief pack is P230. You can get in touch with 0999-188-9683, 0906-419-2016, 0922-848-3806.
- Initial target is 1,000 food packs. We need rice, instant noodles, canned goods, bread, coffee and sugar.
- For cash donations, please deposit to: Gawad Kalinga Philippine Peso Current Account # 3101 0977 56 BPI EDSA Greenhills. Gawad Kalinga US$ Savings Account # 3104 0162 34 BPI EDSA Greenhills (Swift code: BOPIPHMM)
Philippine Animal Welfare Society
- The PAWS Shelter is now open as temporary evacuation center for pets being evacuated from Marikina. We will also be conducting human and animal relief operations for affected areas in Metro Manila.
- Call telephone number 975-0048
- Bring cooked rice, hard-boiled eggs, & bread to Akbayan Headquarters, 36-B Madasalin St. Sikatuna Village, QC. Telephone numbers 433-6933, 433-6831
- For cash donations: Akbayan Citizens’ Action Party, Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) Kalayaan Branch, Account No. 1991-0086-55
Kilusang Mayo Uno (KMU)
- Open until 11PM today, will be distributing goods themselves to Marikina and Novaliches areas.
- Address for drop off: 63 Narra St., Brgy. Claro, Project 3, Quezon City. Telephone number: 421-0986
- Focus on clothes and ready to eat goods.
Gabriela Women’s Party
- Drop off goods at Gabriela office. Address: 35 Scout Delgado, Brgy. Laging Handa, Quezon City. Telephone Number: 374-4423. Or contact Lana at 0922-828-6241/0908-865-3582
- We will be having a mobile lugawan in Barangay Bagong Silangan and in Montalban, Rizal at around 11 am on August 8. Please bring rice, clothes, canned goods. Relief command center is open from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Address: 26 Matulungin St., Central District, Quezon City. Telephone number: 920-9099.
Citizens’ Disaster Response Center
- Address: 72-A Times St., West Triangle Homes, Quezon City. Telephone number: 929-9822
Tulong Kabataan Volunteer Network
- Main drop-off point: Kabataan Partylist-NCR Office
1437 Instruccion St. (Near Maria Clara St.) Sampaloc, Manila
℅ Mark Louie Aquino, 2nd nominee: 0946-520-1537
- Manila drop-off point: Institute Student Government Office, EARST, Nagtahan, Manila
℅ Philip Bautista, ISG Auditor: 0946-838-1923
- Quezon City drop-off point: Trinity University of Asia, 275 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
℅ Angelo Cabanes, CSC President: 0915-484-3241
Metro South drop-off point: The Warden Publication Office, Pamantasang Lungsod ng Muntinlupa, NBP Reservation, Muntinlupa
℅ Kitty Bantayan, Publication Director: 0915-909-1672
- Marikina drop-off point: Rotary Club of Marikina, F. Mariano Avenue (beside Amang Rodriguez Hospital) Marikina City
℅ Ernest Santos, KMM Chairperson: 0999-187-4876
- Operation Blessing is mobilizing efforts to help more Filipinos affected by the massive floods. For our initial efforts, a team is now in the town of Montalban conducting rescue and relief operations with the Armed Forces of the Philippines. Mats, blankets and food will be given to displaced families to keep them warm as the rains continue to pour.
- You can donate through the following methods:
- via credit card: click here
- via bank: Deposit your donation to Metrobank Account 007-233-544716
- via ML Kwarta Padala: Visit any ML Kwarta branch. Fill out a Customer’s Information Sheet with your full name, address, contact number, and the amount of your donation. Make sure to indicate “The 700 Club Asia” as the recipient and “Operation: Bless Luzon” as the purpose of transaction. Submit the accomplished form to the counter together with your donation.
- For more information and ways to help, call or text 0922- 858-2398 (Sun), 0920-497-5558 (Smart), or 0917-581-2603 (Globe) or email us email@example.com.
Makati Medical Center Foundation
- Accepts relief goods.
- Drop-off points:
- Makati Medical Center, Social Services Unit, Ground Floor.
- College of Nursing, 144 Legaspi Street, Makati
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- via Jam88.3, after 5:35AM, August 8 2012.
Brgy Soup Kitchen
- whole chicken (chopped)
- ¼ sticky and ¾ regular rice
- large eggs
- Please drop off at PenPen Restaurant. Map
- For money donations, kindly deposit to Crispin C. Medina, BPI Savings Account number 3149-0943-84
- We need large pots and industrial (mobile) burners as we will be cooking onsite. Pickup trucks for transportation are also welcome.
- Bayan Muna is accepting rice, canned goods, noodles, no cook food, clothes, underwear, blankets, medicine, water, slippers, toiletries, utensils, cash donations.
- Address: 45 K-7th St., Brgy. West Kamias, Quezon City. Telephone number: 921-3473, 411-0026
FREEDOM FROM DEBT COALITION
- Pakidala ang inyong donasyon at relief goods sa tanggapan ng Freedom from Debt Coalition, 11 Matimpiin St., Bryg. Pinyahan, Quezon City. Telephone number: 921-1985, 924-6399
WORLD VISION PHILIPPINES
Deposit to World Vision:
Account No.: 4251-0024-15
- If you are a current BPI account holder and already a registered BPI express online member, you may send your donation via internet. You only have to enroll your World Vision Partner ID Number (found just above your name in World Vision correspondence) and send donation just like giving payments to your other enrolled bills. To verify, you may call our Donor Care team at 372-777
- Banco de Oro
Account No.: 000-2700-4341-1
Account No: 038-33200013-8
Account No: 060-7060-5186-41
- (Please fax your deposit slip with your name on it. Fax no. 632-374.7660 or E- mail firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- McDonald’s stores open in Metro Manila are now accepting donations in kind (rice, noodles, canned goods, etc.) for flood victims.
Jollibee Foods Corporation
- Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC) stores nationwide – Jollibee, Chowking, Greenwich, Red Ribbon, Mang Inasal – are accepting cash donations through Jollibee Foundation coin banks at the counters. Donations received will be used to assist families affected by the torrential rains and flooding.
Bloggers United x Moonleaf Tea Shop
- Moonleaf Maginhawa branch is now a drop-off point for donations starting August 8.
- Address: 103 Maginhawa St., Teacher’s Village, Diliman Quezon City
- Contact number: 0917-583-9916, 0917-800-3152
Smart Libreng Tawag (http://www.facebook.com/SmartCommunications)
- Here’s the updated list of Smart Libreng Tawag Stations in Metro Manila and nearby areas as of 9:00 PM, August 7
- H. Bautista Elementary School, Brgy. Tumana, Marikin
- Malanday Barangay Hall, Malanday, Marikina
- Sta. Ana Covered Court, San Mateo, Rizal
- Sto. Domingo Church, Quezon City
- Tunasan Covered Court, Muntinlupa
- Cavite Coliseum
- Arrangements are currently being made for more Libreng Tawag centers in severely affected areas in Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas and Valenzuela. We will keep you posted.
- Globe Telecom has deployed Libreng Tawag services for residents affected by floods in Marikina and Navotas. Evacuees can make calls and send text messages to all networks for free. We have contingency measures in place, such as augmentation of power supply for our cell sites and wireline cabinets.
- For customer assistance, call 730-1000 from any landline or toll-free at 211 from any Globe or TM mobile number. You can also post a message via the Globe Telecom Facebook page or tweet @talk2globe.
Cha Dao Tea Place
- We will start accepting donations on August 8 at 10 AM at the following branches:
- Don Antonio
- We will reward your donations with a free milk tea. Check your closets for clothes you can donate, your pantries for canned goods, bottled water and medicines you can give. More details here.
One Meralco Foundation
- One Meralco Foundation is accepting donations to help families affected by the heavy rains. You may donate canned goods, water, crackers/biscuits or cash to our office in Meralco Center Ortigas. Call Rainier at 0908-898-0562 or Reggie at 0939-937-1324.
- Ayala Malls is accepting donations for flood victims. These may be handed over to Concierge booths in all Ayala Malls.
- To help flood victims in the National Capital Region (NCR) and its immediate environs, Philippine Airlines (PAL) provincial stations are accepting high value relief goods for free airlift to Metro Manila.
- Contact PAL Foundation at (02) 851-2980 or (02) 852-6096; (02) 855-8000 local 2143 or 2563 for any questions.
- It’s now more convenient to help: 7-Eleven stores accept cash donations to help flood victims. Total donations will be matched up to P1.5M by its Philseven Foundation, and will be used to provide relief goods to affected areas.
- Banapple Too in Katipunan (206 Katipunan Ave.) is currently a drop-off point for the Philippine Red Cross. Among others, these items are urgently needed:
- Binalot has begun accepting donations at its Salcedo Village, Makati City branch for those who have been affected by the recent calamity. You can help three ways:
- PLEDGE COOKED MEALS – Pledge cooked Binalot meals to be sent to evacuation centers. You may pledge meals by clicking here. Choose package and make payment via credit card, BDO, BPI, GCASH, Smart Money and PayPal. Please specify your contact number when you make a pledge on the Multiply page. You may give us the specific evacuation area where you want the meals to be sent and we will deliver the meals to that area if possible, or we can allocate your pledges to relief and evacuation centers we are in contact with.
- DONATE IN KIND – Please drop off your donations in kind (clothes, toiletries, blankets, canned goods, water, medicines, etc.) at Binalot Hang-out Salcedo at H.V. Dela Costa cor. Valero Sts. Salcedo Village, Makati City. You may call 889-2660 for directions or refer to the map here: http://bit.ly/N2ksgi.
- PLEDGE/DEPOSIT CASH – You may pledge cash donations directly at Binalot Hangout at Salcedo Village, Makati and we will coordinate with relief and evacuation centers. You may also deposit cash donations to our BDO Deposit Account or BPI Family Bank Deposit Account:
- BDO ACCOUNT NAME: Binalot Fiesta Foods, Inc.
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1520225197
- BPI FAMILY BANK: Binalot Fiesta Foods, Inc.
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 6251-0180-04
Please email us (email@example.com) or tweet us your scanned deposit slip.
Binalot Pledges hotline: 467 8888 or 0922 8930102, look for Jeff, Liezle or Vivian.
RFM Corporate Center
- Address of drop-off point for relief goods: Pioneer Street corner Sheridan Street
- You may drop off donations at any LBC branch worldwide. To locate the nearest branch, you may call our NCR hotline at (632) 8585-999; provincial hotline at 1-800-10-8585999; or you may visit our website. LBC will turn these goods over directly to the Philippine Red Cross.
- DONATE: Bottled water, food, biscuits, blankets, mats, banig, clothes, medicine for diarrhea, toiletries, etc.
- Please don’t use plastic bags; instead use a blanket, towel or old t-shirt to tie up and carry your donations.
HOPE IN A BOTTLE
- Pledge to donate Hope in a Bottle and help our nation’s flood victims now. With 100% of FOH’s profits going to building public school classrooms, you are helping a cause, for a cause!
- Payment method: Check payment (Friends of Hope, Inc.) or bank deposit (BPI Account No. 3521-1061-73).
- Contact Sandy Tiu: 0917-537-6607, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for more info
Rain Love on Manila
- Rain Love on Manila (rainloveonmanila.blogspot.com) is a disaster relief campaign started in 2009, which helped create care packages to send back to country for Ondoy victims, in cooperation with the Philippine National Red Cross. Today, we begin the Rain Love on Manila 2012 relief campaign for August 7 victims by collecting anything you feel like donating. Today, any of these things will be most helpful:
- basic clothes – tops, bottoms, underwear
- rain gear and cold weather clothes
- flotation devices – old air beds, life vests, flotation sleeves
- basic food – rice, powdered milk for infants, cup noodles, canned goods
- blankets, pillows – some people are living in makeshift evacuation centers like schools, gyms, parking garages, without facilities
- funds to cover the shipping of these boxes via LBC
For Vancouver residents
- Cash donations in the Vancouver area for the flood victims in the Philippines can be forwarded through Carlo Chong. All proceeds will go directly to relief operations at the Ateneo de Manila University.
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact number: 604-653-7016
Originally posted at E-business Press
Homeless Filipinos after the tragic flood